Coast & Country Cottages is committed to ensuring its website is accessible and inclusive for all its users.
When building this website we have tried to ensure that everyone can use its content and services, regardless of their ability or disability.
The site design and build has taken into account the following rules and guidelines:
- The W3C (World Wde Web Consortium) Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) http://www.w3.org/WAI/
- The Disability Discrimination Act ,Part 111
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML (Hyper Text Marking Language) and CSS (Cascading Style Sheets). The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Whilst we strive to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website. We have a continual programme of development and we are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of all areas of our website.
In particular, at the moment we:
- allow the users to enlarge the text size;
- we provide links to the Adobe Acrobat Access reader for PDF Adobe Acrobate files;
- we avoid some combinations of colour which may make the pages less accessible to users with colour blindness;
- we allow fields in online forms to be navigated with the keyboard "Tab" key;
- we increase the contrast between background and text for readability purposes;
- we use alternative text to describe the contents of pictures
In the meantime should you experience any difficulty in accessing our website, please do not hesitate to contact us.