South Devon is adding another date to its packed events calendar this year, with the launch of ‘Loving the Beach Fest’ at the Blue Flag-awarded Blackpool Sands.
Loving the Beach Fest will take place on Saturday 8th July, from 8.30am until 11pm. There will be an array of musical acts, with local groups Mafia 4 and Three Bags Full supporting renowned party band Saloon Star.
Bays Brewery will support the festival with a drinks tent, and Venus will be providing delicious food throughout the day and evening. Demos and activities have also been promised to keep everyone entertained.
Tickets for Loving the Beach Fest
Admission is being charged at £15 per adult (over 16), £5 per child (12 – 16) and free for children under 11 (maximum one child per adult).
Venus is also offering VIP tickets for £45, which will include a three-course set menu of locally sourced produce. Places are limited so booking is advised.
For more details and how to book please visit, www.lovingthebeach.co.uk.
Blackpool Sands, a delightful fine-shingle cove in Start Bay, is one of the region’s best-loved beaches, thanks to its stunning scenery and fantastic facilities. There’s everything a discerning beachgoer could want, from a well-stocked beach shop to watersports equipment hire, an excellent café-restaurant and even two sandpits for the kids. Parking is ample and there’s also a bus stop opposite the beach if you’d rather come by public transport from Dartmouth or Kingsbridge.
Find out more about Blackpool Sands in our South Devon Beach Bible.
A lively summer programme in South Devon
Loving the Beach is the newest local festival in a growing summer line-up in South Devon which includes:
- Kingsbridge Food & Music Festival between 2nd and 4th June, a free volunteer-supported event combining live entertainment with delicious local street food.
- The Ways with Words Literature Festival in Dartington from 7th to 17th July, where you can enjoy stimulating talks from the country’s most prominent authors, journalists and scholars.
- Kingsbridge Fair Week, between 15th and 22nd July, a traditional rural celebration of local life with a range of family-friendly activities to enjoy.
- Dartmouth Shakespeare Week, from 25th to 29th July, which this year will be a performance of Othello at a glorious setting by Dartmouth Castle.
- Salcombe Town Regatta, between 5th and 12th August, a week-long series of races and activities on land and sea. This is followed by the Salcombe Yacht Club Regatta between 13th and 18th August.
- Dartmouth Royal Regatta, from 24th to 26th August, a prestigious annual celebration of life on the water, with rowing and sailing races, street food, a funfair, live music and much more.
Fill your summer break with family fun
There’s so much to do in South Devon every summer. Why not time your summer holiday around one of our biggest events?
Explore all our holiday homes today.
Whenever you want to take your break this summer, you’ll find there’s always plenty to do, from having fun at one of South Devon’s best beaches to visiting some of our most popular attractions. From National Trust properties rich in history to indoor play centres and adventure parks that the little ones will love, there’s something for all ages and interests.