Our Summer Deals are coming and to celebrate, we wanted to share 10 of our coastal cottages with discounts...
We’re giving coast readers the chance to WIN a £300 Coast & Country Cottages holiday voucher! From waterside apartments overlooking the Salcombe estuary, to large properties a stone’s throw from the South West Coast Path, we have the perfect self-catering holiday home for your next coastal break. To enter, simply scroll down and complete the short competition form.
With breathtaking beaches, miles of coastal path and unique picture-postcard towns and villages, the beauty of South Devon is no secret. However, what really makes a holiday is how you choose to fill your time.
Escape and unwind in a place with so many new things to try, it’s impossible to go home without memories and experiences. Kayak to secluded coves around the fishing village of Hope Cove, dine on succulent seafood in Salcombe’s waterside eateries, or head on refreshing hikes along the coast path before returning to a choice of welcoming pubs with log fires. Watch children play on the sandy beaches of Thurlestone until the sun goes down, let your dog explore miles of unspoilt countryside, or potter around Dartmouth’s cobbled streets browsing boutique shops.
How do you truly ‘experience’ the beauty of South Devon? On foot, that’s how. Ditch the car, don your walking boots and hit the South West Coast Path or myriad of countryside tracks.
Explore the dramatic coastline of Start Bay, steeped in history and rich in wildlife. Admire the crystal blue waters from the clifftops around Salcombe. Discover the picturesque banks of the River Dart, with a traditional steam train, National Trust estates and even a vineyard to take in along the way. Wherever you roam, you will never be short of awe-inspiring landscapes.
To find the best walks in South Devon, read our South Devon Walking Guide, put together by our locally-based team.
South Devon is a haven for food-lovers. Surrounded by the sea and rolling farmland, you will be spoilt for choice with eateries that centre around using fresh, locally-sourced produce. Wine and dine on the terrace of a waterside bistro, indulge in hearty pub food by a roaring fire, enjoy oysters and lobster with a sea view, or keep it simple with today’s fresh catch of fish and chips. With homemade fudge, local gins and ales, and of course, Devonshire cream teas in abundance, treating yourself whilst on holiday will not be a challenge.
Plan your must-visit foodie spots using the food and drink pages on our blog. These are all tried and tested, so we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.
Coast & Country Cottages offer over 400 self-catering holiday homes exclusively in South Devon, many of which boast enviable sea or river views. Choose a traditional fisherman’s cottage for a digital detox, or sip gin and tonic on the balcony of your luxury property overlooking the estuary.
Browse our website to find the perfect home-from-home for your holiday or short break, from countryside farmhouses to waterside villas and beachside apartments.
For your chance to WIN a £300 voucher towards a holiday in a Coast & Country Cottages property of your choice, simply complete the form below. The winner will be notified on 29th February 2020. Good luck!
Terms & Conditions:
• These terms and conditions apply to the “Coast competition 2019” (“The Competition”) run by Coast & Country Cottages Ltd (“Coast & Country”) and, by claiming the prize, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them.
• The competition is open to any person aged 18 and over, except for employees of the Sykes Cottages family and their families, partners, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
• The Competition prize consists of a £300 Coast & Country Cottages holiday voucher.
• The winner will be contacted using the details you enter on the competition entry form, when we will arrange with you to send your competition vouchers via email or post.
• Methods of entry: Fill in the digital entry form at https://www.coastandcountry.co.uk/blog/coast2019.
• Coast & Country Cottages reserves the right to alter or amend the methods of entry or The Competition at any time.
• To enter The Competition, the described action must be completed between 00:01 19/11/2019 and 23:59 28/02/2020.
• The Competition opens at 00:01 19/11/2019 and closes at 23:59 31/02/2020.
• The winner will be selected at random and contacted after 28/02/2020. The winner must claim and book by 31st December 2020.
• No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
• Coast & Country Cottages’ decision on the winner is final.
• The winner must provide proof of identity upon request.
• Coast & Country Cottages is entitled to refuse to process any prize where it deems necessary. For example, if you are unable to or fail to produce sufficient identification when claiming a prize.
• Coast & Country Cottages will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to The Competition or prize or as a result of any misrepresentation of the prize.
• Coast & Country Cottages reserves the right to declare The Competition null and void and stage another competition in its place.
• The Competition prize is valid up until 31st December 2020. Any remaining balance on a gift voucher may no longer be used after the expiry of its validity period.
• The Competition prize is non-transferable and there shall be no alternative prize or cash alternative offered.
• By claiming The Competition prize constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
• Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.
To book your perfect South Devon escape, click here to browse our range of self-catering holiday homes. Alternatively, give our friendly reservations team a call for property inspiration or travel tips!