Nothing beats a cosy evening meal during a relaxed autumn holiday. Whether you want to warm your cockles with your family in a village pub after a long coastal walk or enjoy a lively night out with friends in Salcombe, these special offers could help you save some pennies – perhaps to put towards your next delicious meal!
Here are five enticing autumn dining offers from around South Devon.
We have endeavoured to ensure that these offers are valid at the time of writing. If you’re planning to visit any of these restaurants, please check directly with them to ensure that any deals are current, and that you understand any exclusions or restrictions that may apply.
1. Big savings at the Hope and Anchor (Hope Cove)
There are three delicious deals at Hope Cove’s popular pub-restaurant, the Hope and Anchor.
- Monday night is steak night, with two rump steaks and a bottle of wine for £40 (6 pm onwards)
- If you’re big on burgers, pop along on Wednesday evening (after 6 pm) when there’s a two-for-one deal (the cheapest is free).
- Finally, Friday evenings are all about fish, as from 6 pm it’s two for one on fish and chips.
Find out more from the Hope and Anchor Facebook page.
2. Spoilt for choice at the Cricket Inn (Beesands)
This AA Rosette-awarded restaurant, famous for fantastic food, is located on a wonderful stretch of the South West Coast Path, ideal for walking enthusiasts. The fishing village of Beesands in Start Bay is a short walk from Torcross and Slapton Sands to the north and historic Hallsands to the south. Its location is one reason we featured it on our recent article about top Devon pub walks.
- Get a free bottle of wine on Monday nights by calling the pub in advance to book your table and quoting ‘Wine Mondays’.
- Or how about a mouthwatering midweek steak? Get 25% off your rump, sirloin, fillet or ribeye steak at the Cricket Inn by quoting ‘Steak Wednesdays’.
- Another option is to finish the week with a traditional Friday treat. Get two fish and chips for £20. quoting the offer, ‘Fish Fridays’.
For terms and conditions, further details and contact information, visit the Cricket Inn website.
3. Wine and dine for less at the Jetty Restaurant (Salcombe)
Part of Salcombe Harbour Hotel, the elegant Jetty Restaurant is ideal for romantic meals, whatever the time of year.
Enjoy two courses for £35 for two with a carafe of wine this autumn. The offer runs between Monday and Thursday, from 6 pm and 7 pm, as well as at lunchtimes between Monday and Saturday.
Find out more at: http://www.salcombe-harbour-hotel.co.uk/offers/wine-dine-29/
4. A special offer at the Spice Bazaar (Dartmouth)
Tucked away in a quiet spot off St Saviours Square, the Spice Bazaar is a favourite haunt of Dartmouth locals. With an extensive menu of Indian and fusion dishes, including a wide range of tasty vegetarian options, Shahar Lashkor’s restaurant is always an excellent option for lunch or dinner.
This autumn, get 20% off your midday meal at the Spice Bazaar (Monday to Saturday, 12 noon to 2 pm, exc. drinks, not available on bank holidays).
Find out more at: http://www.spicebazaar.co.uk/offers/
5. Island Street Bar & Grill (Salcombe)
Housed just below our Salcombe office in Hannaford’s Landing, the Island Street Bar and Grill is one our locally-based team’s best-loved eateries, either for a midweek meal after work or a lively weekend evening out.
- Burgers are half price at the Bar and Grill on Wednesdays from 4 pm.
- On Fridays from 4 pm, you can enjoy two steaks and a bottle of house red for just £33 (or omit the wine for £26).
Book online and find out more at: http://winkingprawngroup.co.uk/island-street-bar-grill
An autumn or winter break provides a great opportunity to experience a different side of South Devon, from bracing country walks to warm and welcoming pubs with roaring open fires. Choose from around 400 holiday homes in our Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, from cosy boltholes to magnificent detached houses.