5 fabulous Salcombe shops to explore
September 11th, 2014 | By Amy Gardiner
Shopping in Salcombe is simply a fantastic experience, due to the town’s array of local, independent stores. These Salcombe shops provide visitors with something a little different from the products offered on a typical high street.
Of course, after a few hours of browsing on Fore Street, you’ll quickly decide on your own favourites, but here are just a few of the best Salcombe shops to get you started.
- Quba & Co – Quba & Co was first established in Salcombe as a producer of bespoke sailcloth jackets. These jackets, which are still sold in the store, have since become somewhat iconic, and likely to be forever associated with the town of Salcombe. Quba & Co now produces sailcloth bags and holdalls in addition to these fantastic coats. They have a range of nautically-inspired clothing which they sell in their two Salcombe stores at the top of Fore Street. The second store focuses on the heritage sailcloth products and is a really interesting place to have a browse – no two items are the same!
- Bibi & Mac – Bibi is another lovely local shop which sells both men’s and women’s clothing. This luxury items are beautiful and the service in the store is always brilliant. Why not stop in their second shop to explore their range of home-ware products for your home and enjoy a coffee at their café? Located on Fore Street, Bibi & Mac is definitely worth a visit if you feeling like treating yourself to something new whilst on holiday in Salcombe.
- Cranch’s Pantry and sweetshop – Especially amongst children, Cranch’s is one of the most loved Salcombe shops, and the perfect place for them to part with a little pocket money! The favourite in this store has to be the Pick & Mix which is served in the iconic pink and white striped paper bags. They also have a companion store which sells groceries, drinks and other things you may feel you have forgotten on your day in Salcombe.
- Will Bees Bespoke – This brand new shop has just opened on Island Street and offers something special for bag lovers! Selling purely leather and fabric bags, British made, and purses, this brand has been developed by one of the founders of Quba & Co, William Bees. Anyone who has been in the store will tell you how welcoming the staff are as well as how beautiful the product is. With free initials embossed onto the bags, these are truly special bags which are perfect for a personal purchase to remind you of your holiday or to give as a gift! The vintage chic style of the store immediately makes you feel at home so make sure you take a trip to this exciting new store!
- Explosures – A photographer’s gallery established in 2001 positioned at the top of Fore Street, Explosures has an ever changing display of local images from local photographers. Pop into the shop to pick yourself up a print of Salcombe to remind yourself of your time here or book a photo shoot to commemorate a family gathering or special event.
There are many more excellent Salcombe shops, but these are just a few of the independent stores which Salcombe is lucky enough to be home to. Discover them yourself and take a day off the beach to browse around the wonders of Salcombe.
If you’re thinking of visiting Salcombe for a holiday and need somewhere to stay, take a look at our Salcombe Holiday Homes or call our friendly team on 01548 843 773.