September can be the perfect time for couples to visit Salcombe. Once the summer is over, and the kids are back at school, the area returns to a more sedate pace and relaxed atmosphere. If you and your special someone want quality time to enjoy Salcombe and explore the town and the surrounding area then think about booking one of our beautiful Salcombe holiday cottages this Autumn.
If you decide to visit Salcombe as a couple then you’re sure to want to experience some of the excellent restaurants in the area. With local farms and fishermen providing some of the freshest and most delicious produce, the establishments in Salcombe offer some of the best food you’ll taste. From traditional pubs to beach front grills, Salcombe has something to suit everyone.
(Image credit: Beachside Restaurant)
1. Beachside Restaurant. With a menu designed by seafood expert Mitch Tonks, the Beachside Restaurant is open 7 days a week, and though attached to a local hotel, is open to non-guests too. Inspired by Mitch’s passion for seafood, the restaurant uses only the finest local produce, and caters its menus to the seasons and available local catch.
(Image credit: Island Street Bar & Grill)
2. Island Street Bar & Grill. If you want a vibrant dining experience, with an energetic atmosphere and live music then Island Street Bar and Grill is for you. With a tasty menu covering all the bases, from burgers and pasta to ostrich steak and lobster, and an incredible cocktail menu, this is the place to go for a lively night out. Island Street Bar & Grill also plays host to live music, so it’s a great place to let your hair down.
(Image credit: The Winking Prawn)
3. The Winking Prawn. Fancy something a bit more informal? The Winking Prawn has been one of the town’s most popular restaurants for years. Open throughout the day, every day of the week, you can drop by for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With a menu that ranges from deep fried popcorn shrimp to mussels steamed with white wine and half a split lobster with garlic butter, The Winking Prawn offers up an astonishing variety of mouth-watering meals. In a beautiful beach front location it’s a perfect spot to unwind after a day of sightseeing.
(Image credit: The Victoria Inn)
4. The Victoria Inn. This cosy and welcoming pub serves up tasty, fresh cooked food all-year round. Sourcing from local suppliers wherever possible the pub is particularly famed for its superb fish dishes, which make the most of the fresh, local catch. You can almost taste the ocean. With talk of an Indian Summer, you can enjoy sitting outside in the expansive garden while tasting local ales or wines from across the globe.
(Image credit: The Galley Restaurant)
5. The Galley Restaurant. Enjoy a meal for two at Salcombe’s longest established restaurant. Thanks to a combination of its incredible views and delicious food, The Galley has been a firm favourite with locals and tourists alike ever since it opened in 1962. Choose from an enormous selection of dishes, or for the more price-conscious their set menu offers great value for money.
So what are you waiting for? Don’t disappoint your beloved other half. Arrange your romantic Salcombe break today and view our range of wonderful Salcombe holiday homes.