Low Deposit Terms and Conditions
For bookings made prior to Monday 15th May 2023 - please click here for the Low Deposit Terms and Conditions that apply to your booking.
For bookings made on or after Monday 15th May 2023 - please see our new Low Deposit Terms and Conditions below that apply to your booking.
BEFORE YOU MAKE A BOOKING REQUEST THROUGH US (SYKES COTTAGES LTD), WHERE YOU DECIDE TO SELECT ANY "LOW DEPOSIT" OPTION THAT WE MAKE AVAILABLE TO YOU, PLEASE READ (I) THE UK BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND (II) THIS AGREEMENT, WHICH AMENDS CERTAIN PARTS OF THE UK BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, CAREFULLY (THESE DOCUMENTS TOGETHER SHALL BE DEFINED AS THE UK BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS AMENDED FOR LOW DEPOSIT).
A BOOKING REQUEST MADE THROUGH US WHERE A LOW DEPOSIT OPTION HAS BEEN SELECTED BY YOU SHALL BE DEFINED AS A "LOW DEPOSIT BOOKING".
WHEN YOU MAKE A LOW DEPOSIT BOOKING THE UK BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS AS AMENDED FOR LOW DEPOSIT ARE DEEMED TO BE ACCEPTED BY YOU.
- 1. When you make a booking request through us that isn't a Low Deposit Booking request, you agree, within the UK Booking Terms and Conditions to pay a Deposit (as defined in the UK Booking Terms and Conditions).
- 2. When you make a Low Deposit Booking request through us you instead agree to:
- a. pay part of the abovementioned Deposit, we'll tell you how much before you make your Low Deposit Booking, and you'll see it referred to in your Booking Confirmation too (Low Deposit), when you make the Low Deposit Booking and the rest of such Deposit no later than, the earlier of (i) a number of weeks from the date on which you made your Low Deposit Booking, and again we'll tell you a date for this before you make your Low Deposit Booking, and you'll see it referred to in your Booking Confirmation too, and (ii) 6 weeks before the start of your Holiday Period (as defined in the UK Booking Terms and Conditions) (Second Instalment of Deposit Payment Date);
- b. pay a nominal fee to Sykes Cottages Ltd on the Second Instalment of Deposit Payment Date for Sykes Cottages Ltd having enabled the Low Deposit option to be made available to you (on behalf of itself and the relevant Owner(s)) and facilitating the Deposit being paid by you in two instalments rather than one (Administration Charge). You will be told the amount of the Administration Charge when you book and it will be referred to in your Booking Confirmation too.
- 3. In both of the scenarios referred to at 1. and 2. above:
- a. amounts that are not Rental Charges for the hiring the Property or a Booking Fee are still payable when you make your booking request or Low Deposit Booking request through us (e.g. any insurance premium, pet supplement etc. that is payable) (Supplements); and
- b. the Balance (as defined in the UK Booking Terms and Conditions) remains payable pursuant to the UK Booking Terms and Conditions.
- 4. When you authorise us to take payment for the Low Deposit, and any Supplementals, at the time you make your Low Deposit Booking, you also agree to make one of the following payments to us, depending on which scenario applies to you:
a. if you cancel your Low Deposit Booking, or it is cancelled as you have broken a term of the UK Booking Terms and Conditions As Amended for Low Deposit (i) before you have paid all of the Deposit plus the Administration Charge and (ii) more than six weeks before the first day of the Holiday Period, then you also agree to pay to us any remaining difference between (i) the Low Deposit and (ii) an amount which is equal to 30% of the Rental Charges for the hire of the Property plus the Booking Fee (the Usual Deposit when Low Deposit isn't available or hasn't been chosen by you) (Remainder of the Deposit Payment) plus the Administration Charge.
We will tell you how much you will have to pay if you cancel, before you make your Low Deposit Booking.
The Remainder of the Deposit Payment plus the Administration Charge will be due as soon as you confirm to us that you would like to cancel the Low Deposit Booking; or
b. if you cancel your Low Deposit Booking or it is cancelled as you have broken a term of the UK Booking Terms and Conditions As Amended for Low Deposit six weeks or less before the first day of the Holiday Period or it is not cancelled, then you also agree to pay us the Remainder of the Deposit Payment plus the Administration Charges (unless you have already paid both these amounts to us) plus the Balance (as defined in the UK Booking Terms and Conditions). When you make your Low Deposit Booking, we will tell you the date of these payments and how much you will have to pay.
The Administration Charge is not refundable if you cancel your Low Deposit Booking, as the services to which it relates have been provided to you. The UK Booking Terms and Conditions apply as regards the Deposit, by way of example only, it is not refundable if you have simply changed your mind about going to your Low Deposit Booking at any time.
We will ask, or have asked, you for your agreement to take any payments from the method of payment you use to pay your Low Deposit amount. This authority will continue until any of the following apply:
a) you ask us not to use that payment method; or
b) all sums have been paid.
If you use an alternative method to make any partial or interim payment you will need to tell us if you wish to replace your original payment method for any remaining payments.
If you would like to make either of these payments using a different payment method, then please contact us by telephone using the number in the Contact Us section of the UK Booking Terms and Conditions before the date that payment is due to be taken from your card.
- 5. We (on behalf our ourselves and Owners, as the payments referred to under this agreement relate to The Booking Contract and the Rental Contract as defined the UK Booking Terms and Conditions respectively) reserve the right to extend or withdraw the availability of this Low Deposit option at any time, provided that this will not affect Low Deposit Bookings made before any such action is taken. As noted in the UK Booking Terms and Conditions, despite the change in payment terms provided for in this agreement, we are still collecting any payment referred to as being made to us as follows, the Booking Fee on behalf of ourselves, Sykes Other Services Charges on behalf of ourselves (the Administration Charge being one of these), the Rental Charges on behalf of the relevant Owner and Third-Party Other Services on behalf of third parties.
- 6. Except as amended by this agreement (and any other document that refers to itself as amending the UK Booking Terms and Conditions) the UK Booking Terms and Conditions shall remain in full force and effect.
- 7. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England, and the courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it. This agreement does not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement.
- 8. By making a Low Deposit Booking through us, you confirm that you accept all UK Booking Terms and Conditions As Amended For Low Deposit and you agree to comply with them.
- 9. The Low Deposit option is not available for booking requests made through us:
- a. in a currency other than Pounds Sterling; or
- b. if the Deposit and Balance are due at the time you are making the booking (e.g. because there are 6 weeks or less before your Holiday Period starts).