“Pros of this apartment:
- Great location right in the centre of Salcombe and with some sea views - we didn’t have any problems with traffic noise that someone else mentioned.”
- It was clean (bedding and towels smelled fresh and clean and there was no damp smell as someone mentioned previously). The pillow and mattress protectors could probably do with a wash though and yes, there were stains on the carpet / bean bag (to be expected in a holiday rental?).
- It has modern decor / bathroom / kitchen area and a great shower.
- The apartment was comfortable, warm and the double bed was very comfortable.
- It has a designated parking space (albeit a bit tight) which is a real bonus in Salcombe.
- It has a dishwasher, toaster, coffee machine etc and WiFi.
- The bunk room is not big enough to be classed as a bedroom - it’s more cupboard sized. There is no room even for a bedside table and there is nowhere to hang clothes or leave a bag open on the floor. It’s literally the length of the bed and about 50cm wider. The bottom bunk only has around 50cm headroom as well so you can’t sit up on the bottom bunk and I imagine was quite claustrophobic to sleep in. That said, my teenage son managed to sleep well in it! The room was very hot though with two people in it and only a small window (which wasn’t open at night).
- No freezer compartment in the fridge so we couldn’t freeze our ice blocks. It wasn’t really a big issue for us as it was April and quite cold but in summer it would be a problem for keeping picnics cool etc.
- No shaving point for razors and electric toothbrushes.
- It was overpriced for what it was, we feel.
Would we stay here again? Possibly, but probably not for the price we paid and the tiny second bedroom.